Understanding Coronavirus Fertility Data
More About Understanding Coronavirus Fertility Data
Listed are key facts regarding the novel virus and its impact on reproduction and more about understanding coronavirus fertility data
• Although current data regarding the impact of COVID-19 on reproduction and pregnancy is reassuring, it should be interpreted with caution given small number of cases.
• There does not seem to be negative effects of COVID-19 on male and female fertility as well as on fetal development in pregnancy.
• COVID-19 is unrelated to the ZIKA virus, as such reports of women who have tested positive for COVID-19 have delivered healthy babies free of disease.
• To date, there are no reported cases of a pregnant mother with COVID-19 transmitting the infection to the fetus in utero.
No Increase Risk
• There is no increased risk of fetal loss or congenital anomalies associated with infection early in pregnancy.
• There is another recommendation due to the public health concern and overall unknown risk of COVID-19 infection in pregnancy. Even more, it is recommended for fertility centers to not initiate new treatment cycles at this time
ASRM Bulletin press release: https://www.asrm.org/…/asrm-issues-new-guidance-on-fertili…/
Southwest Fertility Center
Southwest Fertility Center will continue to follow this development closely as policies/recommendations will undoubtedly change. Our primary concern is the health of our patients and community.
Infertility treatment specialists at Southwest Faciity Center have been helping patients since 1980. Our team of fertility specialists has established a well-earned reputation for successfully helping couples through fertility issues. When you visit our office, we will take our time to get to know you so that we can provide a set of treatment options that best fit your individual needs. We take great pride in our non-discrimination policies and we accept all patients regardless of their prior medical conditions or sexual orientation. Our staff of medical professionals is dedicated to providing you with the patience and compassion you deserve. https://southwestfertilitycenter.com