Egg Freezing at Southwest Fertility Center
SIMPLE AND SAFE
At Southwest Fertility Center, we take our time with each patient to explain all of the information on egg freezing including the intricacies and costs. Unfortunately, egg freezing is often done at massive medical centers that can feel cold and impersonal. We strive to be the exact opposite by offering a warm, safe, private and comfortable atmosphere.
THE WHY – POSSIBLE REASONS FOR CONSIDERING EGG FREEZING
- You’re in your 20s or 30s and you just don’t want to get pregnant right now.
- You’re not sure if you want kids, but you want to keep your options open.
- You want to share DNA with your future child even if you don’t know when that future is.
- You have a health condition (like endometriosis, PCOS, or uterine fibroids) that could impact your fertility.
- Your family history includes high-risk cancer genes, early menopause, or infertility issues.
- You’ve had a series of abnormal Pap smears or an STI like chlamydia or gonorrhea that could impact your ability to get pregnant.
- You’re undergoing gender-affirming surgery or taking hormones.
- You have a kid now but don’t see yourself wanting another one for a while.
- I have a medical condition. Can I even do this? – Go to the MD who manages your condition first because they may need to approve you for treatment. If you’ve had cancer, for instance, make an appointment with your oncologist before you see a fertility specialist.
- Are there risks? – Between 3 and 8 percent of women undergoing fertility treatment will develop moderate or severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, typically one to two weeks after their trigger shot. This is when your ovaries swell and leak fluid into the body. While painful, it’s rarely life-threatening.
- Do I need to get off birth control? – If you’re on the pill, you’ll need to stop taking it, since it prevents ovulation. Your IUD can stay, since it works differently. You can resume birth control about two weeks after the procedure.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST FERTILITY CENTER
Infertility treatment specialists at Southwest Fertility Center have been helping patients since 1980. Our team of fertility specialists has established a well-earned reputation for successfully helping couples through fertility issues. When you visit our office, we will take our time to get to know you so that we can provide a set of treatment options that best fit your individual needs. We take great pride in our non-discrimination policies and we accept all patients regardless of their prior medical conditions or sexual orientation. Our staff of medical professionals is dedicated to providing you with the patience and compassion you deserve. For more information regarding our treatment options, financing, or to discuss your individual treatment needs, speak with one of our staff members today. 602-956-7481